Ultimate Ears 200 Noise-Isolating Earphones, Grey

Product Description

Color Name: Gray


From the Manufacturer


Ultimate Ears 200 Noise-Isolating Earphones get in the zone. Designed by Ultimate Ears, these sweet-sounding earphones give you the right fit even if you've got small ears.


Ultimate Ears 200 Noise-Isolating Earphones get in the zone. Designed by Ultimate Ears, these sweet-sounding earphones give you the right fit even if you've got small ears.


See all Product Description


Ultimate Ears 200 Noise-Isolating Earphones, Grey

Product Details

  • Product Dimensions: 2.8 x 1.3 x 6.2 inches ; 3.5 ounces
  • Shipping Weight: 1 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
  • Shipping: This item is also available for shipping to select countries outside the U.S.
  • ASIN: B004ROGUMC
  • Item model number: 985-000227

Price : $29.06
You Save : $0.93 (3%)
Ultimate Ears 200 Noise-Isolating Earphones, Grey

List Price : $29.99

Technical Details

  • Delivers noise-isolating, professional sound
  • Fits all ears comfortably with five sizes (XXS-L) of soft silicone ear cushions
  • Keeps looking good with three color choices and a durable design
  • Reproduces clear audio and sweet-sounding acoustics
  • Stows easily in a pocket-ready hard case
Ultimate Ears 200 Noise-Isolating Earphones, Grey

Customer Reviews

I've had these earbuds for a week and I can say that they met and slightly exceeded my expectations.

Upon receiving a box from Logitech, I was jumping for joy at the free shwag. When I opened it however, I found some a pair of earphones that I frankly thought looked childish (I like earphones made of metal). The design started to grow on me though and now i think that it is a nicely made.

My music is a lot of pop, classical, rock, metal and rap.

The good stuff-

- Markings: You barely see any other than the UE logo which looks pretty good. The L/R markings are placed on the bottom of the buds so they aren't visible at all. Logitech did a good job hiding them and after a day with them, I realized that I didn't even need to look for the markings because they gave the left earbud a small little nub where the cable exits the bud so that you can figure it by feel.

- The sound: I honestly wasn't expecting much especially since these are meant to be noise-isolating earphones and usually the greater the isolation, the lower the sound quality with cheaper earphones. The earphones won't blow your socks off like higher quality (and thus pricier) Ultimate Ears, but they're much more balanced than other earbuds for the same price on amazon and I appreciate that balance. There is a lot of detail in the sound though and that is really great for some classical or classic rock. Someone was talking about how the bass was non existent but I think that that person is just so used to (damaged by) the extremely bass heavy sound of Skullcandy Ink'd earbuds- the bass definitely exists here and I think its fine for most music.

- Pack-in's: Once again, with Logitech/Ultimate Ears, you get more than anyone else for the price. They include five pairs of silicon tips of different sizes although no bi-flange ear tips nor foam tips but these are pretty good quality (very soft and comfortable). They include a small mesh bag which I won't use anyway - some other brands might give you a small case or a pleather bag but they won't protect your earphones either way. I recommend getting an Altoids tin for the earphones and just putting them in there when you're not using them.

The not so great stuff-

- Isolation: They advertise 26 decibels of isolation on the box, and I would say that its pretty close. I barely hear the fan next to me but I hear people talking from two rooms away. Nothing too amazing, if they included bi-flange or foam tips then the isolation would be much better.

- Cabling: The cable is lightly rubberized and none of it has rubbed off so I think it'll last a while. The part of the cable I worry slightly about is the right angle jack it has. It looks like and feels like it has little to no strain relief.

- Microphonics: The cable transmits a fair bit of sound. It's not terrible but Logitech could have easily included a shirt clip to help with the problem.

Misc-

- Packaging: No blister packaging here, no need to break out a knife for anything other than the sticker on the flap. Very solid packaging.

Overall, I think for the price you can't go wrong. One of the better earphones you can get for the price and an all around nicely made piece of kit. I recommend with 4/5 stars.

I use earbuds when I listen to shortwave radio at night, when reception is best. The sound quality of these ear buds is exceptional, and for very good reason; these earbuds fit snuggly into the ear canal the same way professional hearing protectors do. I use a set of Etymotic Research earplugs when I mow the lawn, and these are similar in design.

You should be clear that these are not noise cancelling, but noise isolating. Most audio earbuds have foam rubber cover that allows a fair amount of outside noise passes through. These fit snuggly into the ear canal and effectively block environmental noise. To be fully effective, they have to fit the ear canal exactly, and the manufacturer has provided 5 sets of covers in different sizes. Try them for best fit; you will clearly notice the noise isolating effect if they are big enough, and they will feel very comfortable if not too big.

This has some implications that you should be aware of. They are probably not suitable for use when driving as you will not likely hear emergency vehicles / sirens / car horns; nor at home if being aware of childern is important. In addition, you may be somewhat more at risk to hearing loss as the snug fit allows higher sound pressures to occur inside the ear, compared to conventional ear buds at the same volume settings. So some caution advised at the beginning.

Excellent sound, excellent comfort, nice price. An easy 5 stars!

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

.

  © Copyright by Headphones Cancelling Support By Automatically Posting from Amazon Content to Blogger

Back to TOP