Fiio E6 Headphone Amplifier - E6
Customer Reviews
This little guy packs a nice punch. With different 4 setting..all of them useful..This is the perfect little portable amp. The price/value ratio on this cannot be beat..nor does anything come close
1st setting is flat EQ with a nice clean boost..Very crisp..(no light on amp)
2nd stetting is an EQ boost in the lower freq. range(BASS Boost) (red light on amp)
3rd Setting is an EQ boost in the mid freq. range(my favorite)--This really makes the music shine..and I'm a Bass head (blue light on amp)
4th setting is a LOP setting with a 3dB reduction across the whole frequency range.(purple light on amp)--This is used for high input sources..But the E6 can handle up to 2v input without having to use this as I understand..I don't need to use this with my Sansa Fuze, but if i do it provides a very warm balanced output..But I like as It LOUD AS IT CAN GO
I make use of all these settings and it's fun the try them all during songs to see what setting you like the best.
For me I now usually leave it on the 3rd setting(blue) or the 1st setting (no light) depending on the music..
I love BASS but I find the 3rd setting provide Bass with a nice mid range boost that sometimes gets muddied..
Very nice amp..cant wait to try it with a Fiio LOD connector.
After doing some basic research on headphone amps, I decided I wanted something modern, small, and with a great value-to-price ratio. Before this even had any reviews I knew the E6 looked like a great choice. Having never owned a headphone amp before, it took me a while to get used to it. It's really simple actually.
There are volume controls one one side, and a switch on the other.
When you hold the switch for a few seconds, this turns the amp on. It should have a blue light on in the corner. There's another hole on the back that has a light as well. This shows you what equalizer is selected. I usually don't use the equalizer, but instead just use the flat default settings (no light). Hold the switch for a few seconds again to turn it off. A red light in the corner means the amp is charging.
The E6 comes with 3 cables. Two 3.5mm cables (one being a right angle cable) and a usb charging cable.
Do you need this amp? That depends on how much you value sound quality. If you don't mind 128kbps mp3s though your stock iPod earbuds you definitely wouldn't notice the difference. However, if you consider yourself somewhat of a "power-user" (As I consider myself) or even an audiophile, then I'd recommend picking up an amp...especially if you listen at loud volumes like me. (It's bad for your ears, I know)
The build quality itself is great. This thing is super light. It feels like plastic, but isn't bendy or anything. The glossiness looks nice but attracts fingerprints. Battery life is great also, and seems to average around 7-10 hours for me.
My only issue with the E6 is when plugged into certain power sources I get feedback while listening. This isn't normally a problem though, as I normally don't listen to music while charging. This might not even be the E6's fault. I'm not audio engineer, I'm just in it for the great sound quality.
I use this bad boy with my pair of foam-modded Sennheiser HD 555s and now Sennheiser HD 280s. If you need headphone recommendations I'd recommend checking the head-fi forums. Those guys know much more then I ever will.
Product Details
- Product Dimensions: 1.6 x 0.4 x 1.6 inches ; 0.6 ounces
- Shipping Weight: 2.4 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
- ASIN: B005HJWWW8
- Item model number: FE6-2118
Price : $59.99
You Save : $31.00 (52%)

Product Description
FiiO E6 is a Portable Headphone Amplifier designed to improve the sound quality and volume of portable audio sources such as MP3 players, iPods, personal media players, mobile phones, laptops, notebooks/netbooks, and portable CD players. As an updated version of E5, it not only retains all of the advantages of the popular E5, but also carries many newly added features and thus provides a substantial boost in performance. As compared with E5, it utilizes a different power circuit to offer true +/- power for the opamp and leads to higher power output, better signal to noise ratio, and lower distortion; three different types of built-in EQ options greatly improve sound quality; innovatively designed volume keys offer convenient volume control; smaller size, lighter weight as well as removable clip make it fit indoor and outdoor activities much better.- Output power: 150mW (16Ω Loaded); 16mW (300Ω Loaded)- SNR: ≥ 95dB(A weight)- Distortion: < 0.009%(10mW)- Frequency response: 10Hz~100KHz- Headset impedance: 16Ω~300Ω- USB power supply port: DC 5V/500mA- Power supply mode: Built-in rechargeable lithium battery.
Technical Details
- Updated version of E5 with brand new design and improved sound quality
- Three built-in EQ options with different bass effect
- Redesigned volume key and newly added HOLE key for better volume adjustment
- Removable clip
- New power amplifier circuit, high SNR, low distortion

Post a Comment