Logitech Ultimate Ears 500 Noise-Isolating Earphones - Dark Silver
Product Description
Style: Earphones
From the Manufacturer
Ultimate Ears:The 1 choice of the world's top touring musiciansIn-studio and on-stage, top touring musicians choose Ultimate Ears Custom Stage Earphones because they are made to deliver the best fit and sound reproduction available.
Based on PollstarPro Concert Pulse 04.2010
Learn more about Ultimate Ears
Ultimate Ears 500 Noise-Isolating EarphonessModel looks, rockin' soundImmerse yourself in the experience of a refined, detailed sound stage that puts you front row, center with Ultimate Ears 500 Noise-Isolating Earphones. The flat cable eliminates the hassle of untangling so you can get to your music faster. Listen comfortably with five sizes of soft silicone ear cushions (XXS-L) that fit even small ears. Additional Comply Foam Tips seal out even more unwanted background noise. And you can rock-out stylishly with sleek micro design earphones that sit unobtrusively in your ears.
Pro-Quality SoundNoise isolation:The single-diaphragm earphones fit comfortably flush inside your ears to create a secure seal that helps block outside noise by up to 26dB.
Frequency response:Frequency response of 20Hz-20kHz produces superior acoustics for a refined and immersive sound stage: crisp highs, warm mids, and powerful bass.Product Highlights
The Right Fit Soft silicone ear cushions:Choose from five sizes of provided ear cushions (XXS – L) for a comfortable fit.
Comply Foam Tips:Additional premium foam tips block excess noise for a clear, rich sound.
Small and light:Secure fit and lightweight means you can comfortably wear them for hours at a time.
Smart Design Sleek looks:This micro-designed headset sits flush with your ears for a stylish look
No-tangle cord:Flat cable prevents annoying cord tangles saving you time and hassles.
Pocket-ready hard case:Safely stow your earphones in a protective hard case that slips easily into a pocket or clips onto a keychain.
Flexible listening:Wear them in two directions – casually straight down, or securely over your ears while exercising.
What's in the box
CompatibilityAudio Players:
Good
Better
Best
Model
Ultimate Ears 200 / 200vi
Ultimate Ears 350
Ultimate Ears 500 / 500vi
Ultimate Ears 700
Speaker Design
Single diaphragm speakers get you in the sweet-sounding zone
Single diaphragm speakers specially tuned for deep bass
High-quality, single diaphragm speakers deliver crisp highs, warm mids, and powerful bass
Dual Armature with passive crossover for a 3D soundstage
Noise Isolation (dB)
26dB
22dB
26dB
26dB
Comfort Features
Sits stylishly and unobtrusively in your ears.
Sleek micro design virtually disappears in your ear.
Comply Foam Tips
1 pair
2 pairs
Soft Silicone Ear Cushions
5 sizes (XXS-L)
5 sizes (XXS-L)
5 sizes (XXS-L)
5 sizes (XXS-L)
Headset Model
Ultimate Ears 200vi
N/A
Ultimate Ears 500vi
N/A
Compatibility
iPod and other MP3 players, iPhone, BlackBerry with 3.5mm jack , Home audio, Gaming consoles, Video/portable DVD players, Computers/laptops
Color Choices
3
1
1
1
The remote and mic are supported by iPhone 3GS, iPod nano (4th and 5th gen.), iPod touch (2nd gen.), iPod classic (120GB/160GB). The remote is supported by iPod shuffle (3rd gen.). Requires latest iPod software. Audio is supported by all iPod and iPhone models.
Volume control functionality not available with BlackBerry devices. Audio is supported by all music-enabled smartphones with 3.5 mm jack.
Available on vi Versions only
ULTIMATE EARS 500 Earphones
Product Details
- Product Dimensions: 4 x 6.1 x 1.7 inches ; 7.7 ounces
- Shipping Weight: 1 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Shipping: This item is also available for shipping to select countries outside the U.S.
- ASIN: B003YKG2XM
- Item model number: 985-000080
Price : $41.49
You Save : $28.50 (41%)

List Price :

Technical Details
- Delivers noise-isolating, rockin' sound for an immersive musical experience
- Sits stylishly and unobtrusively in your ears
- Saves time and eliminates tangles with hassle free flat cord
- Seals out background noise with Comply Foam Tips
- Fits all ears comfortably with five sizes (XXS-L) of soft silicone ear cushions
Costumer Reviews
I was looking for a new set of earphones to replace my two-years old Apple in-ear earphones and after many tests I decided to keep these Logitech UE 500vi.
My absolute requirement was to get a decent sounding earphone with in-line controls for my iPhone. I don't use the phone much for making phone calls but I love the possibility to control volume and play/pause/skip etc from the cable while my phone is tucked away in my backpack or pocket.
I ordered (and then returned thanks to the great Amazon return policy) the following earphones:
Etymotic ER23-HF3 - Extremely uncomfortable for my ear canals. I would really have hard time to fit them. Sound quality is very good but it would take me too long to fit them correctly and after only 10 minutes my ears would hurt (not for the sound but for the awkward position).
Klipsch Image S4i - Again great sound but extremely uncomfortable for my ears. These units are built like a little cone with the base facing your ear canal. The edge of the cone would push on the inside of my ear.
Ultimate Ears TripleFi 10 - I know, these do not have volume control on the wire but since the wire is replaceable I considered the possibility of making one my own from a cheap pair of iPhone headphones. Sound quality is absolutely impressive! The best I've ever heard. They are also quite comfortable. Too bad these earphones stick out a lot and not only make you look like a dude from outer space but there is no way you can use them leaning your side of you head on a pillow. These are professional devices and need to be used for that purpose. Too much for me!
Sennheiser MM 70 iP - Good sound quality. Don't like the J wire too much (the right ear-bud wire goes behind your neck). I compared these directly with the UE 500Vi and the UE have a much fuller sound.
I decided to stick with the UE 500 Vi because the sound quality is very good, the audio controls are easy to access, ear-buds are extremely small, comfortable and fit flush with the ear. From a sound point of view I would rate the TripleFi the best of the bunch followed by the HF3 and then UE and last Klipsch and Sennheiser. Mind you all of these sets are very good but the UE have fuller basses and crispier highs than S4i and MM70.
Construction: The material of the ear-buds looks and feels like cheap plastic. Wires are flat, no complains so far. Control feels good and button have a good click feedback. Plug is bent 90° at the end which I think is great.
They come with five additional silicone ear cushions pairs. The package also includes a carrying plastic case with a very flimsy hinge and will probably break soon.
So far I am very satisfied with these earphones. I realize there are better sounding earphones out there but in my opinion these offer the best overall compromise.
Several months ago I invested in an Apple Iphone 4 because I was tired of lugging around a separate MP3 player for my music, a digital camera for taking photographs and a cell phone for calling friends and relatives while traveling. I wanted a portable device that would be a combination of everything I needed. I am quite happy with my Iphone 4, which has a beautiful, sleek design; it is solid black with a burgundy bumper case. Unfortunately, the headset that came with it is white and clashes horribly with my Iphone 4. I was very grateful for the Logitech Ultimate Ears 500vi Noise-Isolating Headset because its design is not only more complementary but it also functions remarkably better with my Iphone 4.
What I love most about the Logitech headset is that it doesn't get tangled up into a big knot like ALL the other headsets I've owned. The cord on the Logitech headset is flat. I don't waste five to ten minutes trying to untangle it. It's miraculous. As I've stated earlier, it complements my black Iphone 4, making it appear more attractive and tasteful. Also, it blocks out more noise than any other headset I've owned. Its noise cancelling capability is remarkable. The first time I put the ear buds into my ears I noticed a big difference. I became nearly deaf. I could barely hear any outside noises. When I was wearing them inside my apartment, I couldn't hear my oven timer going off. Fortunately, I was merely preheating the oven and not actually baking anything. I can see why many might consider these headsets safety hazards when operating a vehicle.
The Logitech headset came neatly packaged in a cardboard box that can be reused for storage. See the photographs that I have posted on this website. I hate opening plastic, clamshell packages that are worthless after they've been torn into and ripped apart. At least I have a box that can be used for storing the documentation, extra ear bud cushions and protective hard case when they are not being used. The user guide is very easy to read and understand. I didn't need a magnifying glass like I did for so many other manuals that came with electronic devices. The XS size soft ear cushions are the most comfortable fit for my ears. I use the protective hard case for storing the white headset that came packaged with my Apple Iphone 4.
I use my Apple Iphone 4 more for listening to music than I do for anything else. The on-cord controls allow me to easily increase and decrease the volume of a particular song. All of my songs are downloaded from Amazon. Some are inexplicably louder than others. Therefore, the volume adjuster is a necessity. Pausing a song is also easy; this is essential for when I want to make a phone call. If I am walking outdoors while listening to music and someone I know approaches me, I have to remove the ear buds in order to speak with them because the noise cancelling capability is very powerful.
Using the on-cord controls to repeat a song, advance to the next song, and reverse to the previous one was more difficult initially. Even today, it is still sporadic. However, usage became easier as time progressed. One must exercise patience. It is best to attempt to repeat a song when it has barely finished instead of waiting until the next track is already playing. The on-cord controls for the Logitech headset function about the same as the on-cord controls for the headset that came packaged with my Iphone 4. However, as an extra bonus, the Logitech headset has an adjustable clip for attaching the cord to one's clothing and preventing the cord from dangling excessively. The clip adds stability.
Overall, I am pleased with my Logitech Ultimate Ears 500vi Noise-Isolating Headset. This is the only one I use with my Iphone 4 because I want the best for it. Consequently, I am very careful about protecting the headset from damage and loss. Again, I'll say that what I like most about it is the cord's resistance to becoming tangled in a knot. Untying a knotted cord can be frustrating, time consuming and dangerous, especially if one is driving down a busy interstate at sixty miles per hour. I highly recommend it to anyone who seriously uses their Apple Iphone 4 for playing music and watching videos.
Update on 11/4/11: After using this product for nearly six months, I've discovered to my frustration that the silicone ear cushions come off too easily. The small ones get inside my ears while the larger ones fall off onto my clothing and get lost inside my car or on the ground. They get warped with continual usage; one of the black foam comfy tips actually ripped apart. It is best, in my opinion, to buy ear buds that are one size fits all; therefore, one doesn't have to worry about losing the ear cushions. Currently, I am using the headset that was provided with my Apple iPhone 4.
Joseph B. Hoyos
Post a Comment